Iterum Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Peace of Me: England on Ireland

Go down

A Peace of Me: England on Ireland Empty A Peace of Me: England on Ireland

Post by Harus on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Very soon after the taking of Dub Lynn, King John met with the former Captain of the Dub Lynn garrison and the remaining officers of the army which had been defeated. Listening earnestly, he heard of the respect that the Irish army had given to the English dead, and the bloodless withdrawal which was allowed of them.
In his thoughts, King John realised that what was within his power was not necessarily the will of his conscience. He could take Ireland and completely obliterate their forces. But a war with his neighbours in the isles was not something he wanted.

On the same day that he met with the survivors, King John sent an emissary to the King of Ireland, "King John wishes to make our troubles end, and, perhaps a better future" said the emissary upon arriving.

In addition, the King ordered Marshal Robert Swift to cease raising troops and dismiss those remaining in service. Garrisons would of course remain.

Harus
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

A Peace of Me: England on Ireland Empty Re: A Peace of Me: England on Ireland

Post by Vasiil on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:48 pm

The pope praises the Kings decision to make peace with the Kingdom of Ireland
Vasiil
Vasiil
Owner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum