Constructive Criticism

Go down

Constructive Criticism Empty Constructive Criticism

Post by miaciucci on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 pm

so I've been working very, very hard on making Vicky what she really should be. at first, she didn't feel right, but the more I played her, the more I realized that this really is what I wanted. I've been taking everything slowly and really paying attention to others' reactions to her actions. It feels really good to make active decisions to make this character what I desperately wanted her to be in the past, and watching it finally work. it's incredibly relieving and I'm so happy with where her character is going. I rewrote her history lightly and it feels perfect. i also feel like i've approached her distinct personality traits that made her who she was (flirtiness, hot-headed, all that shit) in such a better way, i feel, and i've approached possible relationships in a way i feel is not only appropriate but essential to making vicky less two dimensional. generally, I'm really proud of what she's become.

i wanna know what you guys think!! if you give me destructive criticism, i'll roast your character and your appearance! otherwise give me some tips or things you liked and want to see more of.

making vicky right is very, very important to me because I hold her EXTREMELY close 2 my heart and because I want everyone to have a good time roleplaying in general and an even better time rping with vicky. i hope my actions so far reflect this.

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Constructive Criticism Empty Re: Constructive Criticism

Post by Revival on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 pm

[deleted]

Last edited by Revival on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Revival
Revival

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Revival wrote:
miaciucci wrote:making vicky right is very, very important to me because I hold her EXTREMELY close 2 my heart and because I want everyone to have a good time roleplaying in general and an even better time rping with vicky.i hope my actions so far reflect this.

Roast your grammar grill.
What the fuck does this mean

Anyways, from what I've seen with Victoria, I think the bigger issues were you were playing too emotional; your relationship with Greene seemed pretty forced at the start, and not many people liked how inexperienced you were when you joined the 2nd MSRC.

is this in reference to the original vicky or the new vicky?

(I can't comment on Flirting)

why not?

finally, here is your entire paragraph translated from retard into english

Roast your grammar grill. (i honestly dont know what you're trying to say with this so im gonna leave it)

Anyways, from what I've seen with Victoria, I think the bigger issues were you were playing too emotional. Your relationship with Greene seemed pretty forced at the start, and not many people liked how inexperienced you were when you joined the 2nd MSRC. With this new version of Victoria, she's changed some traits and kept some. She still has some flair of inexperience, she's emotional, and has a decent personality (I can't comment on flirting). You watered these traits down enough so they didn't hinder your character or your roleplay, which actually worked in your favor. I'd say my only complaint was at the start, but it fit for your character being on one of her first deployments with the crew and being the 'new' girl in terms of the 2nd MSRC, so I guess it actually isn't a complaint whatsoever at all.

Last edited by miaciucci on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 pm

revival i dont know what you just said
Scout
Scout
Admin

http://iterum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SlyCoopr on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am

I think my only real gripe with Vicky currently is that she seems to only talk to 2 or 3 people. Every time I try to RP with her, other than the night I fucked Sykes' face, she often slimes her way out of the conversation and vanishes.
SlyCoopr
SlyCoopr
That One Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am

noted!! thank you i will try 2 improve on that

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:14 pm

I believe Vicky is a fundementally flawed character, always have, always will. However, flawed characters can still be good characters. I'm going off week old information but I believe most of it still applies.

1. Vicky feels like the same character, you say she's different but it doesn't feel that way to me. If I didn't know any better, I would think you were just reposting old diary entries. (Don't worry too much about this one, Jason was the same too.)

2. This plays into Vicky being the same character, you can have the same character but go down a different path. Instead of going down a different path, you are going down the same path. Looking at your diary and dossier, I can see that you flirted with Sam and fell in love with Adande. Deja Vu, amirite?

3. With you being the same character, I just feel bored talking to you, everything seems forced because I know how it's going to end

4. Vicky is too emotional. I'm not expecting you to turn into a robot but you can't leave your post to rescue a damn dog.

5. The reason why Scout and Lapis make these cute and fluffy creatures is for you, nobody gives a damn but you. I like to think that you're doing better at rping with others but it just seems to revolve back to various forms of Scout and Lapis for the most part.

I'll reserve the rest of what I have to say for when I get back, I wanna see how things have been going before I cast further judgement
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Pepper wrote:

1. Vicky feels like the same character, you say she's different but it doesn't feel that way to me. If I didn't know any better, I would think you were just reposting old diary entries. (Don't worry too much about this one, Jason was the same too.)

2. With you being the same character, I just feel bored talking to you, everything seems forced because I know how it's going to end

I agree with both of these but I actually feel this way towards a few other characters, not just Morello in your case
Scout
Scout
Admin

http://iterum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm

1. you haven't spoken with my character since jason left and you had 1 interaction with vicky as jason so i feel like this isn't valid. vicky, to me and to a lot of other people, has changed and feels like a better version of the old vicky. 

2. i'm not changing vicky as a person. if vicky had a crush o nthese two guys in one world, she probably would in the other, because again, im not changing her, im just getting rid of the stuff people complained about before

3. feel the exact same with you. all of your characters are either bitchy or racist. this point was the only one you made that made me laugh lol that's true hypocrisy

4. you wouldnt know since you werent here, but ICly there was a big group of russians who were on that post while i left. this seems like something you should probably critique the event team for , not me.

5. see 4

i think your biggest misunderstanding is that you're expecting vicky to be a different person when i never promised that, i promised i'd get rid of the parts people didnt like, which i did.

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 pm

because you misunderstood my goal or because you werent being constructive

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I was very much so being constructive, you asked what we thought and you just ignored everything.

I think this brings up a much bigger point, Vicky is you rather than a personification of your personality (such as Scout and I.) Everything negative said about Vicky is a personal attack
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 pm

would you blame me for being upset, then, if she was just "me?" and everyone started attacking her? but that's besides the point.
i didn't just ignore everything you said. i brought up shit that matters. I haven't done any dumb /me's since you left, and most of the time, when i do one of those, i have a reason. vicky wasn't supposed to be someone new with the same old name, it was supposed to be the same character, but filtered for the server's enjoyment, but mostly YOUR enjoyment, because you seem to hate her the most. and yeah, vicky's emotional. she's a twenty year old girl whose first deployment ever was the fucking reaper war. if she wants to save a dog because she wants everything she can to stay alive, and she's making sure someone is still on her post, there's nothing wrong with that.
if you had something valid, i'd respond, but again, most of what you don't like about her seems to be because of a misunderstanding. vicky isn't different. vicky is filtered.

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 pm

I can blame you for being upset because you're not supposed to do that
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm

wanna respond to the rest of my comment, the shit that actually matters?

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 pm

sure, Vicky is a bad character. There's a difference between being hated icly and oocly
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miaciucci on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm

sure, Vicky is a bad character.
i guess i have to ask again. can you expand on this while being aware of the fact that I wasn't trying to change vicky but filter her?

There's a difference between being hated icly and oocly
dont get what this is supposed to mean

miaciucci

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum