Iterum Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sins of the Father.

Go down

Sins of the Father. Empty Sins of the Father.

Post by SlyCoopr on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 pm

“It’s freezing in here.” Eamon thought to himself. He opens his eyes and looks over to his right to see his wife, Jessie, completely wrapped in the blanket. He smiles, leaning over to kiss her on the cheek. As he gets out of his bed, he turns off the alarm clock so it wouldn’t sound and throws on a black T-shirt and then a warm robe. He walks into the kitchen, fixing himself some coffee, pouring some liquor in for the added boost. Drinking his coffee, Eamon checks the news on his Omnitool and walks into the living room, just as he goes to sit on the couch, he notices something. His six year old son, Flynt, was passed out, his upper half on the ground and his lower on the couch. His blonde hair a complete mess and he had the remote in his hand. “Up watching those weird late night cartoons again.” He thought. Eamon put down the coffee, kneeling down to pick Flynt up and carries him back to his room, tucking him in. He heads back to finish his coffee and news reading. Afterwards, Eamon entered his room and started getting dressed. “You’re up early, Honey Bear.” He turns around to see Jessie awake, watching him get dressed with a smile across her face. “I figured I would go grab everyone some breakfast, Flynt mentioned how much he craved pancakes yesterday so I wanted to surprise him. But, I don’t think he’ll be up for a few more hours, up all night again.” Jessie sat up, “Then why go now?” she asked. “They stop selling breakfast at Burger Tanks in less than an hour, plus God invented microwaves for a reason.” Eamon replied. He gets his coat on and walks up to the bed, planting a kiss on her forehead. Jessie looks to Eamon with a sparkle in her eye, “When you get back, can we start planning that vacation? Flynt has been excited to go to Earth, he’s always talking about seeing the green grass back in Ireland.” Eamon smiles, “Of course, sweetie.”

Eamon Thatcher steps out into the blinding snow. It was a clear day, the sun shining brightly onto the snow. He had to put on some shades to see his aircar was completely buried from the snow last night. “Guess I have to walk today, luckily it’s a seven minute walk.” He thought. Sighing, he walks down his yard, taking a right and heads into town. Eamon knew many of the people in town, no one really wants to live on Sanctum so the population was rather low. People would often stop Eamon for a second to ask about his day or the family. The Burger Tank comes into view and he eventually makes it in, heading straight for the counter. He orders the food and sits in a nearby seat, waiting for his number. But, as he sits, he realizes something, he can hear screaming. He looks outside the window, for a moment things seemed calm, but things change drastically when people come into view running on the street. Something behind them was firing into the crowd. Eamon shot out of his seat, yelling “Everyone needs to get somewhere safe! There’s an attack!” The employees begin scrambling in the kitchen in a crazed and unorganized manner, a few seem to get hurt in the chaos. He had to get home, that’s all he was thinking about, he couldn’t let whatever is going on to get his family harmed. Eamon ran out of a side door, as he gets outside, several shots whizz past his face. He looks to his left to see two Batarians firing at him. He dives behind a nearby corner, activating his Omniblade. He yells as though he were shot to lure his attackers to him. The Batarians close in on his position, as they turn the corner, he jumps into them both. He cuts down the first easily, the second pulled a Carnifex out and took a few shots at him from the ground. The shots get absorbed by his shields and he slams the blade down into his chest, killing the second. “Fucking Batarian raid! I have to get home now!” He heads to the back of the building and heads towards home, avoiding any other Batarian raiders on the way.

Eamon Thatcher reaches the back of his home. He takes a breather for a moment. “Please be safe!” he thought to himself. He made his way towards the front of the house. To his horror, he sees his front door busted in and a Batarian guarding the way. “No! I have to save them! I have to be strong enough to save them!” He keeps low, but closes in on the Batarian rapidly. Before it knew it, Eamon was on top of it, shoving the Omniblade through its throat. As the Batarian hits the ground, he hears several shots go off and Flynt screaming “Momma!!” Eamon doesn’t think, he throws himself into the house, running into the living room to see two Batarians, one holding a Vindicator, Jessie on the floor bleeding, holding on to Flynt as the second Batarian is trying to tear him away from her arms. Pure rage fills Eamon as he yells, charging in at the armed Batarian. They both turn to see him, but the armed Batarian doesn’t react fast enough. Eamon slams the blade into its shoulder, slicing its arm off cleanly. The Batarian screams as it falls to its knees. The second reaches for a Carnifex, taking aim at Flynt instead of Eamon. Jessie pulls Flynt away, throwing him under her as the Batarian fires twice. “NO!” Eamon screams as he charges. The Batarian tries to point the gun towards him, but his mistake becomes obvious as Eamon is upon him, ripping the Batarian into pieces. He rushes to Jessie frantically “I have Medigel! Where were you shot!?” Jessie never replies to him, she just lays on top a wide-eyed and crying Flynt. “Jessie?! JESSIE?!” He yells as he starts applying medigel to her wounds. “ANSWER ME PLEASE!” Silence. Tears pour from Eamon’s eyes as the reality sinks in “Please… Please…” He was too late. Jessie was lost to him forever. He gets Flynt from under her and holds him tightly.

It’s been a week since the attack. Thirty-two dead, sixty-four missing, assumed to be taken by the raiders. Eamon is in his room packing his bags, alone. “I was so weak.” He thought, “I had to be strong and I failed her.” He finished packing and sat onto his bed, looking onto the floor with a dead expression. “I failed Jessie. I failed Flynt. Because I was never strong enough to defend them.” Tears ran down his eyes. He had a plan, he knew the plan would land him a place in Hell, but he saw only his goal. “Flynt is weak, but he has my genes. He can become strong, he can become something great, but he can’t have a weak life.” He stood up, grabbed his bags and headed outside. He tossed his luggage into the aircar, shutting it and headed back inside. Eamon went into Flynt’s room. Flynt sat in his bed, he wasn’t crying but seemed to be completely miserable. “Flynt. We need to talk.” Flynt looks up to his father, not saying a word. His throat was sore from all the crying and screaming the past week. Eamon walks up to Flynt and looks down to him, “Flynt, do you want to be strong?” He nods. “Well, you’re not strong. You will become strong, but you will never be strong enough. You will always be too weak.” Flynt’s sad face becomes slightly twisted, confused. “If you want to be strong, if you want to know what true strength means, you must find me. I’m leaving you here Flynt and I expect you to find me.” Flynt begins to tear up slightly “What? I don’t want you to leave!” “I want you to be strong, but I can’t have a weak son. You must become stronger and you must find me. Only then will you find true strength to do what you wish.” “No! I don’t want you to go! You can’t leave!” Flynt begged. Eamon walks away from Flynt, he exits his room and locks Flynt in. After a moment, he could hear smashing on the door. “DAD! PLEASE!” Tears formed in Eamon’s eyes, he walks out the front door, still hearing his screaming son. He gets into the aircar, starting it up. He takes one final look at his old home. He then launches and flies towards the dock. On the way, he receives a call. He answers “Thatcher.” “Are you sure about this Eamon? We had our arguments in the past about it, I just want to make sure you understand what you’re doing.” “I know what I’m doing, Kelce. The raiders have shown me that you were right all along, expect me within the hour.” he replies. “Cerberus will be glad to have you, friend. I’m sorry, by the way. Losing both your wife and son to those disgusting things is rough. You’ll get your revenge.” Eamon doesn’t reply as he ends the call. Eamon will never see his home of Sanctum again...
SlyCoopr
SlyCoopr
That One Uncle

Back to top Go down

Sins of the Father. Empty Re: Sins of the Father.

Post by SlyCoopr on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm

My first time writing, I'm sure the lack of experience shows.
SlyCoopr
SlyCoopr
That One Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasiil on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 am

Decent
Vasiil
Vasiil
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Not bad at all. I'll offer some constructive criticism to you in your DMs
Scout
Scout
Admin

http://iterum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum