You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas

Go down

You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas Empty You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas

Post by Pepper on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:47 am

Jason tried but he wasn't fast enough. He had fought off all the husks but they were gone. "I would've done the same if someone sacrificed themselves. Call me a coward all you want but I did the sacrificin' this time around." He thought to himself. He stands their idly before kicking a rifle laying on the ground. He notices that it isn't an Avenger but rather a Lancer. He grabs it and craddles it in his arms, holding it to his chest. "I made William a promise, this gun won't be buried here." Jason looked around and begins moving to the outskirts of town, the sound of friendly gunfire growing quieter and the screams of the damned growing louder.

Day 1
Jason cautiously crept through Vancouver, avoiding conflict with the Reapers. Both his Revenant and William's Lancer only had so much ammo, he would conserve it for a dire situation. Jason had never been to Vancouver but he knew that it must have been a bustling metropolis before the Reapers hit. Children playing, birds singing, and the constant hum of Aircars zooming through the air. All gone, replaced by the sounds of war. If you can even call this a war, it's more akin to slaughter than war. In war, both sides stand a chance. There was no chance here, only a limited amount of days. Jason had begun counting his days the moment he landed in Vancouver. It was almost less than one but he pulled through. He was nearing what used to be the United States, a small town named Blaine.

Blaine was a sleepy, small town. Sleepy in the sense that you could hear a pin drop. The silence broken only by the occasional bark from a dog or cluck from a chicken. He moved house to house, looking for supplies, finding nothing. Whoever was here before had time to leave and they did, Jason hoped they had fled into the mountains. The houses he tried to pillage had been stripped of clothing and food. He knew exactly what to do when he picked up a cleaver. He strolled out the back door and grabbed a chicken, proceeding to break its neck. He placed the chicken on the countertop and hacked its neck off, letting it bleed where it laid. He plucked its feathers and pulled its organs free of its body. He closed the duct in the fireplace, he wasn't going to risk attracting anyone with a smoke signal. He began cooking the chicken over the fire and reflecting on life as he stared into the red-orange blaze. The cooked chicken was nothing to be proud of with parts of it being burnt and worse, some parts being undercooked. He devoured his meal as if it would be his last. He looked for a room without a window, he needed to rest someplace where he could not be seen. He found a restroom and settled into the bath tub, closing his eyes and drifting away.

Day 2
Blaine was no longer a sleepy, small town. The Reapers were advancing, Jason had to move. There was no out-running the likes of a Sovereign or Destroyer but he could stay ahead of the ground forces. Jason awoke from his slumber and collected his gear, he skipped on eating to get a move on. He knew that if he went south enough, he would hit Seattle. He wasn't going to hit Seattle, that'd be suicide. Charging the oncoming horde of husks was suicide too but Jason was no longer feeling the spur of the moment. Jason was heading for Everett, just outside of Seattle. He hoped to find provisions and a path to get off the damned coast. Once he got to the interior of the country, he could take a gamble and use a vehicle.

Everett proved to be a mistake, the residents were still there. Jason spotted creatures that glowed blue and their Commander, the twisted and mangled remains of what used to be a Turian. They spotted Jason as well. Jason dived into a ditch and peeked his head up to see a slew of gunfire and enemies charging. Jason couldn't get up and run, he was pinned. He rolled over onto his back and aimed his Revenant up, the Husks never even saw it coming. He had slain three husks but the Turian was still a threat. Jason rolled back over onto his stomach and began advancing up the ditch when he heard a sound he had not heard since he was a boy. He heard the crack of a rifle that still used bullets, the bullet penetrated the Turian's shields and reduced his head to a pulp. Jason stood up, held his right hand up, and rotated around as if to say "Thank you" to his Guardian Angel.

Day 5
Jason had spent the next three days slowly advancing into the country's interior, towards Idaho. He ditched his Revenant the day before and his armor's power was beginning to falter. Jason reached the city of Pocatello but could go no further, his armor was powering down. He stripped down to his fatigues and buried his armor. He figured he was far enough inland to risk travelling via Kodiak. Pocatello seemed to be faring better than Vancouver was, more gunfire and less screaming. Jason navigated to where the heaviest of gunfire was coming from and he found his mark. There was a encampment of lost soldiers and militia members holding out against an onslaught of various Reaper forces. He slipped into the camp and immediately moved to take control of the situation. He spoke with camp's commander, a man named Kozlov. "Service Chief Jason Kelce, at your service, I've been seperated from my unit and I need to get back." Kozlov looked up from the map laid across the table "I'm Kozlov. You and just about everyone else is lost and trying to get back. Get on the wall or get the Hell out of my camp."

"With all due respect, Y'all can come with me. I've seen the assortment of vehicles you have. We can go all go to Texas and join the fight there. We'll have the numbers to hold out longer there. Plus we ain't surrounded, we'll have our backs against the Gulf of Mexico." Kozlov sighed and looked up once more "No." Jason left the command tent with a temper not yet seen by the Constantinople's crew. He was moving to steal an aircar and hightail it on out of there when the command tent went up in a hellish-red glaze. The chain of command had been severed and Kelce pounced on the opportunity. He yelled at the top of his lungs "Listen up, we're getting the Hell out of here. We're piling into whatever we got and we're flying to these coordinates, 29.74352° N, -95.38746° E. I'll lead the blocker and you will follow behind me, 30 minutes staggered behind." Jason stepped into the aircar he had intended to steal and took off.

Jason was flying over Nebraska when he recieved a distress call from the middle of a corn field. He radioed to the convoy, "I'm putting her down, I got a distress beacon. If your vehicle is full, do not respond to any distress beacons. Just keep going." Jason landed in the middle of the corn field and opened the door. He heard the stalks rustling to his left so he reached for his gun but she pulled her's first. "Alright, get out of the air car." A cold, coarse voice spoke to Jason. Jason slowly turned his head and cocked a smile, "Why don't you come to Texas with me?" The Turian was obviously not amused and brought the pistol up to Jason's nose. "Out, now." Jason complied "Look lady, I'm just trying to lead a convoy to Texas." "I don't care, I'm going back to Palaven." The Kodiak behind Jason's aircar buzzed over head and caused both of them to stumble. Jason took advantage of the situation, tackled the Turian into the aircar and quickly took off.

"SO HELP ME GOD, IF YOU TRY ANYTHING, I WILL KILL BOTH OF US!" Jason threatened. The Turian settled into the passenger seat and looked out the window. "So what's your name, darlin'." If Jason had looked to his right, he would have seen the reflection of the Turian's scowl in the window. "Don't try to be my friend after you kidnapped me." Jason's jaw dropped and he started laughing, "Kidnapped you? I just saved you! You'd still be stuck in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, probably Reaper chow. Just bear with me for 30 minutes, we'll be there soon." "Fine, I'm Callistius Zervaria." "And I'm Jason Kelce, now we ain't strangers."

Day 6
Jason landed at Travis' base in the remains of the George Bush Intercontinental Airport Museum. Only 3 of the 16 vehicles from Pocatello had made it. Jason hung his head in defeat and made his way to where Travis was. Jason entered the room and Travis just about knock over a table trying to get to his brother, they shook hands and started walking together. "I hadn't heard anything from Greene but I can't blame him with everything that's going on right now. I saw you arrived with that Turian lady, who the Hell is she?" Travis asked Jason. "That's Callistius Zervaria, she was in Chicago doing cross-species medical tests when the Reapers hit. Picked her up in Nebraska. Why do you ask?" "I was just wondering if she was related to the thorn in my side." "Thorn in your side?" "Yeah, about a week before the Reapers hit, some Citadel official showed up and began questioning me. She was investigating my alleged ties to Cerberus." Jason turned to Travis with a shocked experssion on his face, "We had family in Cerberus but you didn't have anything to do with that." "If there's gonna be a tie, it's there. The reason I have to deal with this bullshit is because I'm Terra Firma through and through. If I liked aliens, I wouldn't be dealing with this bull." Travis paused and then continued, "But none of that matters anymore. Ever since the Reapers attacked, she's shut the Hell up. Great officer. Alright, Jason. I got a job to do, I'll let Greene know that you're here." Jason stopped in his tracks. "Travis, can you hold off on that one?"

Last edited by Pepper on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas Empty Re: You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas

Post by Pepper on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Done
Pepper
Pepper
Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas Empty Re: You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum